Wednesday 11 May 2011

Feeling better today...

Feeling a bit less stressed today, having finally got some words onto the page. I guess I've never really started a story knowing that it had to be 40-60,000 words long before. In the past I just started writing and it went where it went and it was finished when it was finished, but now I've committed myself to writing a proper book (well, an e-book, but it's a start) which someone else is going to publish it's a whole different ballgame. The other thing is that in the past I've never made much attempt to plan out my stories before I started them, but now I feel obliged to do it 'properly', and actually I think it does make it easier.
I'm still not quite convinced by the whole e-books thing, on the one hand it means that people like me can get their work 'published', but on the other hand I'm never going to consider myself a proper author until I can hold an actual book in my hand. And of course Mistress R believes that Kindle is the work of the Devil, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment