Monday 16 May 2011

5,300 down, at least another 34,700 to go...

Managed to write some more of my book last night, I must say it's a whole different thing writing a book knowing that you are going to be giving it to someone else to publish. In the past I wasn't too self-critical (Mistress R might disagree with that actually), whereas now I'm constantly thinking is this right, is that right, does that make sense, am I leaving it too long without any 'action'.
One thing is that my story is a bit plot heavy at the start, so I've wedged in a sex scene in an opportune slot. Thing is if the book is being made available in 10-15,000 word chunks, then I've got to be careful not to make the first chunk too plot heavy and the best way to do that is to inject some filth. So that's what I did last night.
I'm also mindful that because of the kind of book it is, it's going to get steadily 'worse' (or 'better' depending on your viewpoint) as it goes along, so I'm not at all sure that reading it in chunks is going to be the best thing. I feel that some readers might get the impression that the book is a bit tame, at least from reading the initial chapters. And that's where a proper book would win out isn't it, because a twitchy reader could flick to a later chapter for a bit of reassurance that, yes, there is some utter filth later on and yes it is worth investing a bit of time and patience in the book to get to it.
One thing I am quite pleased about (and I hope Femdom Cave are going to be pleased about) is that I think the characters come across as quite natural and believable. Femdom Cave's guidelines insist that what they want is believable characters and that they want their writers to stay away from Dominatrix's, play-dungeons and fetish wear. They essentially want 'normal' people doing Femdom, cuckolding, etc... and that's what they are going to get, with the added bonus of forced male chastity!
I also think that the story will demonstrate how a couple who are otherwise fairly normal in their everyday life can practice male submission and orgasm control, without resorting to either a twenty-four seven lifestyle or sissyfication (something that does nothing for me or, thankfully, Mistress R).

No comments:

Post a Comment