Saturday 30 April 2011

BOOK REVIEW: Subtext by Kate Marley.

A few weeks ago I promised to write some book reviews, and so here is my review of Kate Marley's 'Subtext'.
The book is actually about a female submissive and her experiences with male (and female) dominants, as such it doesn't really ring my bell as far as turning me on goes, but it was still an interesting book. Kate's writing is very honest and open and you can't help but feel for her when things go wrong. I did find some of the descriptions of her beatings a little hard to read in places, I know that if that's what she wants then that's up to her and all that, but being the way I am the thought of beating a woman like that is slightly unpleasant to me. A long time ago, before we started the whole Femdom thing, I tied Mistress R's hands to the bedposts with a view to fucking her like that, but I couldn't do it. It just felt completely wrong to me, women are to be worshipped and pleasured, not beaten or used. But I digress...
I would still recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in D/s, as it's quite a fascinating insight into how a very submissive human being's mind works and how she struggles to balance her desire for submission with her own slightly petulant nature. There is also a very interesting part of the book where she tells how she hates the word 'slut', but she then goes out of her way to buy a paddle with the word 'slut' cut out of it, so that her Master can mark her with it (because she knows it will please him). It's just one aspect of a book which does a good job of trying to explain to some degree the mindset of a submissive and her conflicting thoughts and emotions.

'Subtext' is published by Xcite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment