Sunday 8 July 2012

A voice of dissent....

Further to my comments on the book 'Fifty Shades of Grey' the other day, Mistress R's trashy magazine featured this letter:

"I was excited to get my copy of Fifty Shades of Grey after all the hype. But by the time I got to chapter ten I couldn't read on - I was so angry about the sex scenes. This book must have been written by a man under a pseudonym. No woman could know so little about the female body. According to E L James, all men have to do is give a couple of thrusts and we're screaming in grateful orgasmic pleasure! Have we learned nothing since Mills and Boon."

On the one hand I can see her point, but from a writers perspective the female orgasm isn't the easiest thing to write about, seeing as it usually requires a long period of repetitive actions to get a result...

That's the first negative comment I've read though... can't help thinking this book is a bit like the Emperor's new clothes. Apparently they are making a film of it now.... that'll be an interesting project, if it's filthy as they say it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment