Wednesday 12 September 2012

Sauteed swan washed down with liquid gold...

Someone emailed me and asked me if I had read Sarah Jameson's free chastity story yesterday and if so what did I think of it?
Well, the truth is I did download it when it was free and I also downloaded a Kindle Reader app thingy so I could read it. The thing is, as soon as I opened the file I was put off by the Russian names and the whole 'billionaire' thing, so I only read the first two pages. With that in mind it would be a bit unfair to praise or criticise.
I guess Sarah is hoping some of the 50 Shades magic might rub off on her latest venture, and so I guess in that light you might agree that pitching the story in the realms of the fantastically wealthy is a good move. To me it's just a big turn off, reminds me of all those Black Lace books where everyone lives on a personal island, eating sauteed swan and drinking liquid gold. I know a lot of people want escapism and from a writers point of view it's an easy way to explain why no one needs to worry about going to work or any of those other mundane day to day things... but I just find it a little, um.... lame.
That said the people who have read it seem to like it, so maybe I should try again. Anyone else read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment