Monday 27 August 2012

The 'list'...

I've been meaning to make a blogpost for some time about, well... you know how we're all 'supposed' to have this list in our head, of the 'famous' women we find most attractive? Well, whenever this subject comes up I always struggle with it, because I really don't have a list at all. There's been certain women I've found attractive over the years, but in a lot of cases they've 'worn off', either that or maybe my tastes have changed?
I definitely prefer brunettes to blondes, and I also like red hair, not bright red, but brown hair that has been tinted red... and yet at one time both Meg Ryan and German singer Doro Pesch would have been high on the list (that I don't have) and they are both blond.
I do tend to avoid the obvious though, that's for sure. If I watch TV or a movie it will usually be a side character who I find attractive, not the obvious 'sexy' lead. In Twin Peaks it was Madchen Amick, in Cruel Intentions it was neither Reese Witherspoon or Sarah Michelle Geller but Selma Blair, in Two and a Half Men it was Melanie Lynskey (Rose).
Which brings me to Megan Fox.
Much like Liv Tyler, I simply don't get the appeal. I watched 'Jennifer's Body' last night... which was quite a good comedy-horror flick, definitely different, but much like every photo of her I've ever seen she spends the whole movie basking in her own 'hotness'. Yeah, to be fair, the part she was playing was kinda dependent on that, so it was either good acting or perhaps excellent casting...
I dunno, she's supposed to be the hottest women in the world or something and yet she does absolutely zip for me.
I guess what I'm really getting at, and (many of you will already know this I'm sure) is that for me at least, personality is way more attractive than mere looks. Give me a 'plain' looking woman with a sense of humour and a dominant sexual streak over a self-obsessed stick insect with glossy hair and a face full of make up any day.
And yes, being sexually confident is really hot, but to me being sexually confident isn't about walking around 'knowing' that everyone wants to fuck you, it's about knowing that your husband/boyfriend/slave will drop what they are doing to worship your feet, pussy, ass, whatever...  if you ask/tell them to, and not being afraid to ask for what you want when you want it.
I read somewhere once that it's not perfection which makes someone attractive, but their flaws. This has always stuck in my head ever since and I firmly believe it to be true. I think in the particular case of Megan Fox the fact is that she is so 'perfect' she looks completely void. I think this is the thing with plastic surgery, it takes away the 'humanity' which is probably why I don't really go for the whole Hollywood actress fantasy.


I mean, could her face be any less expressive? And those big collagen lips are fucking horrible too. Just stop messing around with yourself for heaven's sake. Haven't you seen those pics of Pamela Anderson before she had surgery, didn't she look a million times better?
Anyway. For the sake of argument I suppose I should at least try and post some pictures of women who I think are hotter than Megan, if only so you guys can criticise them and my taste, so here goes...

Naomi Watts - yes, a blond Hollywood Actress... though I think she's actually Australian.

Audrey Tautou - French actress most famous for her role in Amelie.

Davina McCall - can be irritating, but still very attractive and (I suspect) uninhibited.

Melanie Lynskey - Rose in Two and a Half Men.

Selma Blair - another Hollywood actress, unusually prone to dodgy hairstyles (seriously check out google images!), but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment