Tuesday 19 November 2013

A lesson well and truly learned...

I am a habitual weigher, I suspect most people who are dieting find it difficult to stay off the scales and I am no different. I have found that my bathroom scales and the scales at Slimming World tend to have some differences, but this week really has taken the biscuit. On Saturday morning my scales were telling me I had lost a pound, but I knew I was going out to dinner that night and so wouldn't be sticking to the regime. By Monday morning I had seemingly transformed my one pound loss into a two pound gain and I was royally pissed off. It doesn't matter what I ate on Saturday night, there is no way on earth I could gain three pounds from one meal out.
So I've spent the last couple of days stressed out and irritated, not least when this morning my scales again assured me that I was still two pounds heavier than last week. Naturally I wasn't expecting to be smiling come weighing time this evening, and yet somehow when I stood on the SW scales I registered a 1/2lb loss.
I damned near skipped out of there tonight, despite the fact that half a pound really wasn't a fair result for the effort put in (sixty minutes on the treadmill, sixty minutes walking, thirty minutes on the stationary bike and half an hour of free weights over the weekend alone!). So looking at it that way you could say that it wasn't entirely negative, but in truth it was because I've spent the last two days feeling utterly irate and that is the last thing you need when you are trying to stick to a diet.
So as I skipped back to my car, chuckling to myself (as you do) I decided those fucking scales need to go. The second I got home I took them out to the garage and that should be enough to keep me off them since I always weigh first thing in the morning and no way will I be going out to the garage to weigh.
So now I am just two pounds away from my two stone target, so maybe, just maybe I could have a really good week next week and walk out of the meeting with my next certificate (and all the extra goodies that leads to!), God knows it's been long enough coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment