Saturday 15 February 2014

Valentine's Day...


This post really isn't meant to be all about me bleating about how awesome I am, honestly! Last night was Valentine's Day here in the UK (don't know about everywhere else in the world???) and as has become traditional in this house, Mistress and I stay in and enjoy an evening together. We've never actually gone out on Valentine's Day to eat, because all you ever hear is how the restaurants are overcrowded and the quality goes out of the window in a frenzy of cash grabbing, heart shaped balloons and rose-selling buffoons... or worse still, violin playing buffoons! No, we stay home, I cook and we have exactly what we want, how we want, with the music we like in the background.
It amazes me how short-sighted men are. You don't need to be a Michelin starred chef to impress, all you need to do is make an effort. Frankly any effort is likely to be appreciated, because seemingly so many men make non at all, the bar is looooooooooooooooooow. Step over it and be hailed a king. Easy.
Mistress R was blown away by my starter, but really it's toast cut into hearts with four different heart shaped cookie cutters, a bit of chopped salad for decoration and some pate shaped with a melon-balling tool. It's hardly Raymond Blanc is it? This teamed with a chilled bottle of Nobilo, followed by a shop-bought chicken dish (with home made parmentier potatos) and finished with a home made warm brownie, Haagen Dasz vanilla ice cream and a chocolate heart caramel filled chocolate on the plate for decoration left her totally satisfied and feeling very loved.
Okay, there was some jewellery between courses which helped as well... but that's a given!
I hope that most of the men who read my blog 'get it', after all, most of you are probably into the idea of making your partner feel happy and loved, since that's a part of this whole lifestyle isn't it? Contrast that with the guy who I work with, he's a really nice guy but... fuck me he has no idea. I imparted some of my ideas to him yesterday on the way home from work and I hope he followed them up, because... well, Mistress and I were celebrating our 22nd Valentine's Day and he and his wife are on maybe their fourth. If you don't make the effort at that early stage then what does that suggest the future's going to be like?
I know they have new kids and everything, but he was shocked that she bought him a card for fuck's sake! I just don't know how people can be so.... well, I can't even think of the words. Words indeed fail me. I just want to shake them. Marriage isn't a walk in the park, Mistress and I had a rough patch (though it's a long time ago now), you need to nurture it, you need to make the other person feel wanted and loved, especially if you have children (which we don't). I know that makes it all the harder, but come on... make an effort!

Anyway, on a lighter note, I thought this was pretty funny...


No comments:

Post a Comment